
After being kidnapped at the age of 17, an Moroccan man who has been missing for nearly 30 decades was just discovered dead in his friend’s basement.
According to Moroccan media reports, 45- season- old Omar Bin Omran was rescued on Sunday from his sister’s home in Djelfa, Algeria, over 26 years after he suddenly disappeared on his way to technical school. The friend’s home was located about 300 ft from his mother’s house in Algeria.
A videos shared by Collin Rugg, inc- owner of Trending Politics, shows the 45- yr- ancient kidnapping victim being rescued from his neighbor’s basement, which was located beneath a sheep pen.
The Daily Mail , reported that a speech from the Djelfa Attorney General’s Office officially identified Omran’s abductor as a 61- yr- old man listed as” B. A”.
” Two days ago, on 12 May 2024, the Public Prosecutor’s Office received, through the local office of the National Gendarmerie in El Jadid, a grievance against an unnamed people claiming that the plaintiff’s brother, Omar al Omran, who has been missing for about 30 years, is in the house of one of his neighbours, inside a sheepfold”, the Djelfa Attorney General’s Office said in a statement, according to The Daily Mail.
Omran’s family reportedly received information from the investigation after the suspect’s brother claimed the 61-year-old had been involved in the kidnapping incident in a post on social media.
The statement continued,” The General Prosecutor of the Court of Idrisiya in the province of Djelfa ordered the National Gendarmerie to launch an in-depth investigation and officers went to the house in question.” ” The missing person was found and the suspect, the 61- year- old owner of the house was arrested”.
READ MORE: Pic: Illegal immigrant allegedly attempted to kidnap 13- year- old
According to the attorney general’s office, Omran received physical and psychological treatment at a nearby medical facility. The attorney general’s office also stated that the suspect would face a trial for the “heinous crime.”
According to The Daily Mail, Omran’s kidnapping is alleged to have been the work of a civil servant who has been repeatedly seen buying food for two people despite living alone.
According to The Daily Mail, Omran’s family believed that he had died during the country’s civil war, which took place in the 1990s and early 200s, however, Omran’s uncle told Algerian media outlets that his mother never gave up searching for her missing son.
While Omran’s mother died in 2013, Algerian media reported that her final wish was,” Please, do not stop searching for Omar. I am sure he is still alive”.