A blaze erupted on Friday at a shopping complex in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, south of Seoul, triggering the departure of dozens of people.
The eight-story business tower, which also features five room rates, houses a mix of driving facilities, sports centers, restaurants, retail stores, and hospitals.
According to the Gyeonggi provincial fire department, the blaze was first reported at 4: 37 pm ( local time ), with flames and smoke visible from the lower part of the structure. No injuries have been confirmed by paramedics, and no one has been in. As of 5 pm ( local time ), no casualties had been reported.
Scale of the comment
Fire authorities quickly escalated their response, issuing a” second-stage” alert at 4: 43 pm ( local time ), as reported by the Korea Times. Between 51 and 80 fire vehicles and members of eight to 14 fire ministries are on this notice, reflecting the seriousness of the situation and the possibility of numerous deaths.
Local media broadcasts of intense flames and smoke plumes leaking from the tower, especially from its underground areas.
The fireplace has been put out of control, and firefighters are making an effort to secure the building. The fire of the incident and the details surrounding its cause are still being looked into.
When the fire is completely contained, officials plan to assess the damage and launch a comprehensive investigation, according to Korea Times.
Trending
- I Can’t Believe Jasmine Crockett Admitted This
- ‘Let Trump run the global economy’: Howard Lutnick says there’s no way Trump would back off on tariffs
- White House chart mistakenly put tariffs on tiny territories, uninhabited islands
- The ‘Mary Poppins of Disinformation’ Says There’s No ‘Censorship Industrial Complex’ in America
- Where’d This Chick Even Come From? I Love What She’s Saying About Tariffs!
- Economist: Trump Isn’t Starting a Trade War; He’s Fighting to Win the Decades-Long War
- Who is Laura Loomer who got 3 National Security staff fired after a 30-minute meeting with Donald Trump?
- Barack Obama says ‘sorry’ for photobombing; family says they got an heirloom picture