Washington’s secretary of state, Antony Blinken, acknowledged that the country had “quietly sent a lot of arms to Ukraine” five weeks prior to the issue. In an appointment with the New York Times, Blinken claimed that the US made certain that “Ukraine was prepared” by sending it billions of dollars and arms since Sept. 2021. What we’ve had to consider is that not only if we give this to the Ukrainians, but that they also know how to use it. Can it be maintained?” he added.
When asked whether it is time to end the conflict, Blinken said a peace would probably give Russia a crack, and that any peace had ensure Ukraine is “deter more aggression”, which, he noted, had been achieved through Nato membership.
In response to Blinken’s notes, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Maria Zakharova said on Saturday that the statement underscored” Russia’s intention to demilitarize Ukraine.”
” We expressed concern about the risky contact of American military plane to human airplanes in our airspace, the infinite Nato activities in the Black Sea that offend Russian borders, and the US and Britain pouring arms into Ukraine,” she continued. The Kremlin has repeatedly criticized Western arms shipments to Ukraine, saying they escalate the conflict and impede efforts to broker peace, according to Xinhua.
According to the US department of state, as of Monday, the US has provided Ukraine with$ 61.4 billion in military aid since the conflict.
Trending
- Fresno State U. lecturer under fire for posts wishing for death of Trump, Musk
- Democratic states sue Trump over move to reshape elections
- Trump fires 3 national security officials over concerns they are not loyal: Report
- Shingles vax can decrease dementia risk, finds study
- Trump unveils ‘gold card’ and suggests it will be available in two weeks
- Conservative group launches first lawsuit against Trump emergency China tariffs
- Border migrant shelters become ghost towns
- Baja makes $350M annually from visitors, tourism board says