Saudi Arabia ’ crown prince Mohammed bin Salman on Thursday announced that he is looking forward to investing a staggering$ 600 billion in the United States in the upcoming four years.
This statement follows US President Trump’s plans to visit the middle eastern nation as his first overseas trip.
After his opening, Trump talked about his prospective head out to the country as his first foreign trip.
“The first overseas vacation usually has been with the UK but… I did it with Saudi Arabia last time because they agreed to buy$ 450 billion worth of our products, ” Trump told journalists in the Oval Office.
“If Saudi Arabia wanted to buy another$ 450 billion or$ 500 — we’ll up it for all the inflation — I think I’d probably go. ”
During his first word, Trump broke history by making Saudi Arabia, rather than the UK, his first international destination in 2017.
The attend also highlighted close relationships with the highest leaders of fuel wealthy Gulf states and appearance of his real estate kingdom across the regions.
The people move Saudi Press Agency, stated that the funding was discussed during a call dialogue between Trump and the de facto ruler of the oil-rich country.
“The crown prince affirmed the kingdom’s intention to broaden its investments and trade with the United States over the next four years, in the amount of$ 600 billion, and potentially beyond that, ” the report stated.
However, it did not specify the specifics of the purchase.
In recent years, the US has drawn away from rely on Saudi’s fuel exports which had been the basis of their near relations for years.
At present, Royal sovereign wealth funds have taken large bets in American companies while even looking at sports as well.
The White House did not comment on the telephone.
The king prince also spoke with US secretary of state Marco Rubio.
Trump maintained close ties with Saudi Arabia, even after the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul, which was linked to the king lord.
Trending
- Mexican woman charged with sex trafficking
- US, Mexico team up to deport 500 Venezuelans
- No, The Senate Shouldn’t Let Even More Unaccountable Bureaucrats Decide What The Law Says
- Chuck Schumer’s Political Career Could Be in Jeopardy
- ‘Working hard on a deal’: Trump delays TikTok ban again, grants 75-day extension
- Trump to extend TikTok sale deadline for 75 days
- DHS notifies 531,000 immigrants paroled into US under Biden: Self-deport now
- What did Elon Musk’s DOGE do to Deloitte? 124 contracts worth $370 m slashed