A Russian nuclear missile attack on Kryvyi Rih on Friday killed 18 people, including nine children, according to Ukrainian officials.
The assault occurred in a private location near a children’s playground and wounded more than two hundred people, according to Oleksandr Vilkul, mind of the state’s military management.
Kryvyi Rih, the home town of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, was intentionally targeted, the senator claimed, accusing Russia of disregarding peace agreements.
” These attacks may be unintentional – the Russians know specifically what they’re hitting. They know these are energy features that should be protected from strikes under what Russia itself promised to the National side. Every Russian claim ends with weapons or robots, bombs or artillery. Politics means nothing to them”, Zelenskyy said in a blog on X.
Russia’s military department confirmed the attack, stating it had “delivered a detail hit with a high-explosive weapon at a restaurant” in the city “where commanders of formations and American instructors were meeting”.
Videos circulating on social media showed body lying on a road and a plume of smoke rising in the aftereffects of the fire, but, these remain unconfirmed.
Dnipropetrovsk provincial governor Sergiy Lysak furthermore condemned the attack.
” Eighteen… that is how many people were killed by the Russians when they launched a missile at Kryvyi Rih. Among them were nine children”, Lysak said on Telegram.
” This is the kind of pain you wouldn’t want on your worst enemy”, he added. Lysak more confirmed that 61 people were injured in the assault, including 12 babies.
President Zelenskyy said the assault was more evidence that Russia had no curiosity in halting its full-scale war, which began in February 2022.
” There is only one reason why this continues — Russia does not want a peace, and we see it. The whole world sees it”, he said.
In his night target, Zelenskyy accused Russia of treating geopolitics as an “empty term”.
” A peace could have been reached by now, and it is Putin who rejects it”, he said.
Interior secretary Ihor Klymenko said five house structures were damaged in the missile attack.
Russian President Vladimir Putin apparently rejected a combined US-Ukrainian plan for an absolute and full ceasefire in March. The Kremlin has nevertheless made any possible peace in the Black Sea dependent on the West lifting sure punishment.
US President Donald Trump has called for a speedy end to the war since taking office in January, but his presidency has not yet been able to secure a ceasefire despite talks with both sides.
US secretary of state Marco Rubio said earlier on Friday that Trump was no “going to fall into the trap of infinite conversations” with Russia over the war.
” We may realize soon much, in a matter of days, not weeks, whether Russia is serious about harmony or not”, Rubio added.
Trending
- Democratic strategist Carville compares Trump allies to Nazi collaborators
- Trump was unhappy when he got to know what he publicly called ‘fake news’ about Elon Musk: Report
- Watch: Thousands at protest against Trump, Musk as ‘Hands Off!’ movement begins
- Fans and Former Imagineers Express Their Dismay With Disney’s Latest Plans for the Magic Kingdom
- Here’s When Canada Will Cave on Trump’s Tariffs
- Today Is Gold Star Spouses’ Day
- Jim Cramer predicts 1987 ‘Black Monday’ style stock market crash because of Trump tariffs in viral video
- Pro-life reporter calls for justice after street assault in Harlem