Tokyo: Four minutes before the crisis, the dark boxes that house the trip data and aircraft voice recorders for the crashed Jeju Air trip that left 179 people dying stopped recording, according to South Korea’s transportation ministry, on Saturday.
When it belly-landed at the Muan airports on December 29 and slammed into a material challenge, the Boeing 737-800, which was carrying 181 passengers and crew, descended in a fire.
It was the worst aviation catastrophe to occur on North Korean soil ever.
The transport department said in a statement that the study revealed that both the CVR and FDR files were not taken into account when the aircraft collided with the localiser.
The localiser, which is a challenge at the end of the runway that aids in aircraft landings, is credited with escalating the severity of the crash.
The broken flight data microphone had been sent to the US for analysis at the US national transportation safety board lab after being determined irreversible for data extraction by North Korean authorities.
However, it appears that the containers holding information about the airline’s last moments lost data, leaving authorities trying to understand what transpired.
According to the ministry,” Plans are in place to look into the cause of the data loss during the ongoing incident research.”
The cause of the accident is still being looked into by South Korean and US authorities, which sparked a national outpouring of grief with memorials set up all over the nation.
‘Committed’
The boxes were important to their investigation, according to the authorities, but they added they may continue to investigate the cause of the collision.
” The investigation will be conducted through the assessment and analysis of various files. The government stated that the council will do everything in its power to accurately identify the cause of the accident.
A bird reach, malfunctioning landing gear, and the runway barrier have been identified as potential issues by investigators.
Before making a second getting test when the landing gear failed, the pilot was alerted to a bird hit.
This year, lead analyst Lee Seung-yeol told investigators that “feathers were found” in one of the aircraft’s recovered machines, but cautioned a bird attack does not result to an instant engine failure.
Authorities have searched Jeju Air’s headquarters in Seoul, a local aviation office in the southwest city, and the Muan airport where the accident occurred.
Additionally, they forbade Jeju Air’s CEO from leaving the country.
Transportation Minister Park Sang-woo resigned this year, while rival events later established a joint task force to look into the collision.
” As the minister responsible for aircraft health, I feel a big sense of responsibility regarding this tragedy”, he said.
Trending
- Fresno State U. lecturer under fire for posts wishing for death of Trump, Musk
- Democratic states sue Trump over move to reshape elections
- Trump fires 3 national security officials over concerns they are not loyal: Report
- Shingles vax can decrease dementia risk, finds study
- Trump unveils ‘gold card’ and suggests it will be available in two weeks
- Conservative group launches first lawsuit against Trump emergency China tariffs
- Border migrant shelters become ghost towns
- Baja makes $350M annually from visitors, tourism board says