A field truck crashed into a building in Boston’s Chinatown on Tuesday evening, injuring at least six people and leaving the rental car wedged backward against a structure. Authorities have ruled out bad sing, calling it a” horrible accident”, but investigations into the cause are continuing.
The crash occurred around 12: 48 pm ( local time ) at the intersection of Kneeland Street and Harrison Avenue, a busy area known for heavy foot traffic and restaurants.
As per CNN, four people were taken to institutions, including one first in critical condition who afterwards became secure. Two people declined medical treatment at the field. The driver of the truck was among those thoroughly injured and had to be extricated from the cab using specific equipment.
Boston Police director Michael Cox was quoted by CNN saying,” We don’t have any reason to believe that this was an intentional act”. Suffolk County district attorney Kevin Hayden added that while the incident appears sudden, officials will determine whether anyone should be held guilty.
The Audi rental vehicle, which had been leased to a professional shipping firm, overturned after striking various objects, including a shaft and a fire hydrant. The effect caused architectural damage to a tower and a local noodles restaurant.
Boston Mayor Michelle Wu described the death as “quite stunning” and confirmed that town inspectors are assessing the security of the damaged creating before reopening it.
The Boston fire department and crisis team quickly responded, cutting through the vehicle’s roof to free the caught vehicle. ” The specialized team had to peel back the limo to get the vehicle out”, assistant fire chief Steven Shaffer said as per The Mirror.
Officials have shut down Kneeland Street between Tyler and Washington roads for incident restoration. Investigators are reviewing surveillance images to decide if speed or a health crisis played a part. Tufts Medical Center also activated a mass casualty answer due to the number of patients.
Penske Transportation Solutions issued a statement confirming its assistance with regulators. ” Our thoughts are with those who have been injured in this terrible incident”, director Alen Beljin said.
Trending
- No relief for Hegseth, Mike Waltz: Pentagon to probe ‘leak’ of Yemen war plan
- Spartans! Prepare for Benchwarming!
- Trump escapes to Florida after setting world economy on fire
- Austin Metcalf’s father speaks up on ‘racial attack’ debate: ‘My son is gone. Please don’t…’
- Tariffs Are The Only Way To Restore America’s Long-Term Economic Health
- Video: NYC mayor drops out of Democrat primary, will run as independent
- I Can’t Believe Jasmine Crockett Admitted This
- ‘Let Trump run the global economy’: Howard Lutnick says there’s no way Trump would back off on tariffs